Start a new topic

Cadworx 2016

I suppose my question is, are there any reasons why a company shouldn't go ahead and move over to Cadworx 2016 from the Cadworx 2015 version?  I would like to take advantage of some of the new features in the specifications.  One thing I'm concerned about is working on client specs if they are not on the latest version.  We would not be able to work on these in the 2016 version if we would need send as a deliverable.  There shouldn't be any issues with writing the specs in 2016 and using the spec in 2013 thru 2015 correct?

Todd,

As would be expected, the CADWorx specifications are fully upward compatible.  CADWorx 2016 has introduced "saveas" function that will allow you to save your PRJ file to either a 2014 or 2015 format.  Since the PRJ file contains it's own catalog, saving it down to the correct version and sending it to a customer should work.  The caveat here is that you cannot do a "saveas" on you catalog.  Because you cannot save your catalog to a lower version, the customer that you are saving the PRJ file for will not be able to edit the catalog to make changes.  This can work both to your benefit or against you as you can see. You will not be able to save as a 2013 format.

Thank you for the information.  This will be tricky to keep up with on several clients that we maintain and supply them with cat and prj files. 

Login to post a comment