Follow this solution to extract all content from a DIAGRAMS SQL database project and consolidate it within a new file directory so the files can be compressed and sent via email or other file transfer means.
Step 1: Create a new file directory and copy project files into it
Copy these files and directories.
- All Drawing files
- ..\Support directory and files.
- ..\Support\Images directory and files
- SQL database script file from Step 2.
Once all directories and files are added, compress the new directory into a file to transfer.
Step 2: Extract the project SQL database
Following are instructions and pictures that describe how to extract the database schema using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Important: Make sure that the 'Schema and Data' setting is scripted per Instruction 11 below.
If this is not set, then only the schema will be sent, without the data.
If the database contains SQL views, stored procedures, etc. created for those schemas, make sure to select those as part of step 5.
- Open SSMS Object Explorer and find the database containing the Project data to extract.
- Right-click on the database and expand the Tasks.
- Click on Generate Scripts. Select Next to move to the selection page.
- Chose Objects:
Select the Select specific database objects option.
- Expand each dropdown selection.
Important: select objects from each group that pertains to the project database schema
- Check database objects for the Project schema, like Project1 shown, and click Next.
Important. At minimum select Drawings, items, CommonData, and Connections tables.
- Set Scripting Options:
Select Save as a script file.
- Browse to the new directory using the ellipsis button and enter a filename
- Select the Advanced button.
- Find the Types of data to script
- Using the dropdown, select the Schema and data option.
- On the subsequent pages, select Next and Finalize to save the scripts to the new directory from Step 1.