This article describes how ELECTROWorx support files integrate within P3D.
- Download and install the Worx_Plugins_Setup.exe from this help desk.
This installation includes demonstration content only. Contact ECE for an evaluation subscription to activate.
- Download and install ELECTROWorxConent.exe activation is required.
This installation delivers all the AutoCAD Plant 3D Content files
Support Content Locations
C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 20## Content\CPak ELECTROWorx
After installing the Worx Plugins, you will find these directories have been added for versions 2022 and greater.
WorxPlugin Installation. Includes three directories where:
- ELECTROWorx_Alum contains cable-tray
- ELECTROWorx_APP contains conduit
- FASTENERS contains cable-tray splice plates.
C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 20## Content\CPak Common\CustomScripts
WorxPlugin Installation. Numerous BL_*.py, BL_*.pyd, and BL_*.png files are in the CustomScripts directory.
It is mandatory that these ELECTROWorx custom script files be registered on P3D workstations. The first time opening
Plant3D after installation, you must run PlantRegisterCustomScripts from the AutoCAD Command-Line.
This command compiles and adds *.PY parametric model scripts that are in the CPak Common\CustomScripts in the shared content folder to the parametric library.
After you register the BL_*.py scripts, you can begin using ELECTROWorx and use the shape in Catalog Builder.
You can also use the custom shape in the Spec Editor.
New P3D Project ELECTROWorx Activation
Every P3D project must be initiated by launching the ELECTROWorx Palette and loading an ELECTROWorx specification.
First, set the spec and then click the Current Spec Refresh. After this process, you must restart P3D as notified within the warning displayed. The warning will not be displayed upon subsequent Current Spec Refresh.
Besides simply trying to insert components, there are a couple of visual indicators that you can explore to verify that ELECTROWorx is ready for production beforehand.
- Launch the Spec Sheet palette from the Home>Part Insertion ribbon section. Set a cable-tray spec and click on any component. If the component image displays, then that is an indicator ELECTROWorx is installed and ready to use.
- Launch the AutoCAD Tool Palettes by using the command TOOLPALETES. Once visible, right-click on the palette header and select the 'AutoCAD Plant 3D - Piping Components. Set an ELECTROWorx spec and then look for the images under this palette's Dynamic Pipe Spec Tab. When images are displayed, that is an indicator that ELECTROWorx is ready for production.