P3D Piping Errors - Cannot connect parts.
P3D throws an error when running PLANTREGISTERCUSTOMSCRIPTS
P3D displays "Part Not Found" message within the Command line
Problem: Plant 3D Piping Errors - Cannot connect parts.
This alert box appears whenever the CBL_SP has not been added to P3D Joint Types.
After clicking the Close button, the cable tray is inserted end-to-end, but the P3D 'leak indicator' is shown
This indicates a Joint, or connection, problem.
The root cause is missing ELECTROWorx Cable Tray Joints.
Normally, these joints are added to P3D Projects automatically.
Solution: Refresh ELECTROWorx from its palette
- Launch the ELECTROWorx palette from the ECE Worx Plugins ribbon.
- Under the Insertion palette tab, click on the refresh button.
This action automatically generates the required joints within the active P3D Project.
- Restart AutoCAD Plant 3D.
ELECTROWorx refresh must be run at least once on every P3D Project where Cable Tray and Conduit are going to be inserted.
Problem: P3D throws an error when running PLANTREGISTERCUSTOMSCRIPTS
This problem is applicable to P3D version 2021 & 2020 only.
The error is usually thrown when Python redistributables are not installed on your PC.
These are included with the Worx Plugin V2021.245 and earlier.
Solution: Reinstall Worx Plugins and the Python prerequisites.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Close all AutoCAD applications.
- Uninstall ECE Worx Plugin using Add and Remove Programs.
- Reinstall the Worx Plugin V2021.245.
- Be sure to check the two Python prerequisites during installation.
Problem: "Part Not Found" message within the Command Line
The root cause of this message is most often associated with ELECTROWorx custom scripts not getting registered.
Solution: Run the PLANTREGISTERCUSTOMSCRIPT command
Here are the recommended steps to follow:
- ECE Worx Plugins are installed on your workstation.
- Launch any P3D project.
- Launch the ELECTROWorx palette.
- Ensure the ELECTROWorx license is activated by inspecting the License tab on the palette.
- Run the PLANTREGISTERCUTOMSCRIPTS command from the command line.
- MANDATORY: Restart P3D after successfully running the PLANTREGISTERCUTOMSCRIPTS command.