PV Elite can sometimes fail to register dlls within the program, resulting in a multitude of errors that the end user faces. There's a simple way to "refresh" the installation that PV Elite is based on, in case any features ever get "bugged," you can fix it and get back to work.
Warning: the following steps will also remove any user customization settings that you have made to PV Elite.
Warning: These steps involve editing your windows registry. Performed incorrectly, these steps can seriously harm your computer. Do not proceed unless you have a firm grasp on what is being shown, and if you have any questions on this process, please contact an ECE support tech for guidance.
- First, close any instance of PV Elite that your currently have open.
- On your keyboard, use the shortcut (Win+R) to open up the run menu.
- Type in "regedit" without the quotes, press ok.
- On the left hand side, navigate to the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intergraph CAS\PV Elite\
- Here, I have 3 different version of PV Elite on my computer, 2014, 2015, and 2016. I am having a problem with my export to word in 2015, so I am going to highlight the 2015 folder, and click delete on my keyboard.
Now close the registry editor, and open up PV Elite. The program will re-create the registry keys you just deleted, as if you had re-installed the program. Try the word export at this point to see if it works.
If you still have a problem with your word export, send an email to email@example.com