Due to the macro CAESAR generates in order to populate an output report into a blank Microsoft Word template, this function can sometimes either halt prematurely, or causes the export process to not work again. There's a simple way to "refresh" the Microsoft template that is used to generate the report output, so that if this feature ever gets "bugged," you can fix it and get back to work.
Warning: the following steps will also remove any user customization settings that you have made to CAESAR.
Warning: These steps involve editing your windows registry. Performed incorrectly, these steps can seriously harm your computer. Do not proceed unless you have a firm grasp on what is being shown, and if you have any questions on this process, please contact an ECE support tech for guidance.
- First, close any instance of CAESAR that your currently have open.
- On your keyboard, use the shortcut (Win+R) to open up the run menu.
- Type in "regedit" without the quotes, press ok.
- On the left hand side, navigate to the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR\
- Here, I have 3 different version of CAESAR on my computer, 2011, 2013, and 2014. That correlates to the 5.30, 6.10, and 7.00 folders respectively. I am having a problem with my export to word in 7.00, so I am going to highlight the 7.00 folder, and click delete on my keyboard.
Now close the registry editor, and open up CAESAR. The program will re-create the registry keys you just deleted, as if you had re-installed the program. Try the word export at this point to see if it works.
If you still have a problem with your word export, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org