There isn't a really good way to C2OUT multiple line numbers, typically what you would do is C2OUT each line individually, and then use the include piping input files command to reincorporate these line number sections, and increment the node number of the "include" command to be equivalent to the nodes that you just inserted. Here's an example:
1. I have three separate line numbers in this model. I am going to use C2OUT to bring these line numbers over into CAESAR.
2. First I will run the command C2OUT on the top left line number, and I will choose a start location. This is important, to tell the program where you want to start the model. First, I will run the command C2OUT.
3. Saving the model where I can get to it later:
4. I will export by Line Number, and then from List
5. I'll pick the line number I want to export:
6. I will choose "YES" to provide start locations:
7. Now I'm going to pick an end point on my line number in CADWorx, in order to define the node 10 for this model. I will click once to choose the start point, and click once again to choose the direction of the nodes into CAESAR.
Click to choose start point:
Click to choose direction. (Note the rubber band hanging off your mouse while choosing node direction)
8. The program will ask you to "pick point" again. Just press ENTER to end the command.
9. You will get a dialog describing the C2 elements being generated:
10. Now, before you leave CADWorx, perform an ID command on the first start point you selected when you ran the C2OUT command:
11. Pick the point you selected, to get the coordinates of this point in relation to the world coordinate system of CADWorx. Copy these coordinates and save them.
12. Now run these steps 2-12 again for each line you want to join back together in CAESAR. The next steps will assume that you have an ID coordinate and a C2 model for each line you want to bring into a combined C2 model.
In CAESAR II:
1. Go to File > Open, choose one of your lines that you will use to merge the rest of your models to.
2. Open the piping input. Go to the lower left hand side of your screen, and turn on the "elements" list. (Or go to edit > list > elements)
3. Take a look at the number of elements in your model. You need to determine what the last node point was in your model, so that you can tell the next command how high to increment the nodes that you are about to import. In my case, I am going to make a mental note to increment my next nodes by 320 - because 320 is the last node in my model.
4. Now click on "Include piping input files" on the taskbar.
5. Click on Browse, choose another file that you want to insert into the model, and click on Open:
6. Now you need to type in the value for the node increment in the "Inc" field, and click "replace". In my case, I will type in 320.
7. Click on "OK," and CAESAR will now ask you where the new node is supposed to go.... Here's where you type in the value you got from the ID command performed in step 11 of the CADWorx commands.
Be careful, in CAESAR Y is vertical instead of Z being vertical. Also, you type in Global Coordinates in values of "ft". In my case, Z is also negative from CADWorx to CAESAR. Here are my values in CADWorx, versus how I will place them into CAESAR:
After you click OK, the model geometry is inserted. One more step to go.
8. Now, if everything looks alright, go back to the include piping input files command, Choose read now, choose replace, and choose Ok.
Now the models have been merged, and you are dealing with a single C2 file. Save your work.
9. To merge additional C2 files into this file, repeat steps 2-8 on additional files.