Deploying the converted specification is a simple process of copying the converted files to a particular location in the computer and it's ready to go.
ECE Design will provide the converted specification in a zip file. Please follow the steps outlined below to deploy the specifications in AutoCAD Plant3D.
- Download and extract the zip file locally in your machine.
- Close all instances of AutoCAD Plant 3d in your machine.
- Go to the computer drive containing the AutoCAD Plant3d 20XX Content folder. (In most cases it's in C drive).
- Create a new folder inside the AutoCAD Plant3d 20XX Content folder named 'CPak SPECWorx'.
- Copy the contents of the extracted zip folder in the 'CPak Specworx' folder.
- If the converted specification has user shapes in it. The converted user shape blocks will be provided in a separate zip file. Please extract the zip file and copy its contents in the 'CPak Specworx' folder as well.
- Once all the files are copied restart Plant 3d.
- The specs in the 'CPak Specworx' folder are now ready to be used in Plant 3d projects.
- All specs need to be connected with a Catalog.
- When the converted SPEC is initially opened in the SPEC Editor you will get a promt to browse for a Catalog.
- Browse to the relative PCAT File to make the SPEC to Catalog connection.
NOTE: 20XX refers to the version of AutoCAD PLANT 3D available on the user's computer.