Start a new topic
Answered

Additional Notes in Model [reposted from cadworxblog.com]

Is there a way that I can add a note to a model so it comes out on the iso with only text and an arrow (no SKEY)?

I know this can be achieved by adding text in the Isogen message field on a component, however, there are cases where I’d like to have multiple notes added.

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

I tried generic attach but it wouldn’t iso out with the line for some reason. (line number and iso info all filled in).

I did, however, manage to get another method working. I added a ‘General Note’ in the support modeler and applied all the info there. Then, inserted into the model and changed to ‘existing’ which is iso’ing out nicely now.

Thanks,

Brittany

Try using the GenericAttach command on a sphere placed on the component. Then fill out the ISOGEN data in the ICEDIT dialog.

In the CEDIT dialog you can make the component Existing so it doesnt show in the BOM but still show the note on the line.

Answer

Hi Matt,

I tried generic attach but it wouldn’t iso out with the line for some reason. (line number and iso info all filled in).

I did, however, manage to get another method working. I added a ‘General Note’ in the support modeler and applied all the info there. Then, inserted into the model and changed to ‘existing’ which is iso’ing out nicely now.

Thanks,

Brittany

That is weird the GA would not work, but Im glad you found another solution.

matt

Login to post a comment