Start a new topic
Answered

Component Data Issue [reposted from cadworxblog.com]

After a model was edited (multiple designers working on it) I wasn’t able to run Iso’s (showing as disconnected pipe). I exported the data, then imported to a new model and a bunch of components inserted at 0,0,0.  Do you know what causes this to happen?

I’ve started to regularly run the audit command, but it is still happening now and then. Primarily with elbows and flanges in this model.

Best Answer

Ive seen this happen before when the data in the component becomes corrupt. Im not sure what causes it, but as a test you can also try CONVERTFROMPRJDATA and it will yeild similar results. Even the the component shows correctly on the screen, the data in the component shows 0,0,0

Im not sure of the cause or a fix at this time, However, I would like to get a copy of the file over to ICAS Development. You can put in a case into SmartSupport  or if ECE is your support channel you can email us the file and we can put it in for you.

When cleaning up the model to send, I ran the CHANGESPEC (manual selection) and the components seemed to correct this time. The CONVERTFROMPRJDATA also worked. CHANGESPEC (Automatic selection) does not seem to fix anything though. I’ll need to look into what’s changed in the spec or cfg that may attribute to these commands working. 

I’ll still send over the model (without corrections) in case there’s something there that can help pinpoint why the data scrambled in the first place.

Thank you for your help!

Answer

Ive seen this happen before when the data in the component becomes corrupt. Im not sure what causes it, but as a test you can also try CONVERTFROMPRJDATA and it will yeild similar results. Even the the component shows correctly on the screen, the data in the component shows 0,0,0

Im not sure of the cause or a fix at this time, However, I would like to get a copy of the file over to ICAS Development. You can put in a case into SmartSupport  or if ECE is your support channel you can email us the file and we can put it in for you.

Hi Jeffery,

The Iso’s are ok. Once I remodel the components that had their location scrambled, iso’s run. The thing I’m curious to figuring out is what causes an elbow to show on the screen in the right location, but when exported to the database, have the location fields show as 0,0,0.

The only differentiating thing about this model is that it is about 5 times larger than our other ones and has been used multiple times (template).

You need to review the iso output to figure out where the problem is located.

I’ve had disconnects show up in ISOGEN, but couldnt find them in the model. After running an good Audit and Purge and slowly going piece by piece I was able to find the disco.

Also, double components can casue ISO problems.

Also, check the ISOGEN settings.

Have you tried using the Disconituity View?

Whoops, using CADWorx 2014 with AutoCAD 2012. It’s only been edited in CADWorx

What Version are you using?

Could these have been modified in regular AutoCAD?

Login to post a comment